“Can MAIN Help This Dog?”
“Can M.A.I.N. please help this dog?”
And while we would love nothing more than to help every Arizona dog that is sick or injured, the truth of the matter is that it’s extremely expensive and there simply aren’t enough great fosters families to help all of them.
If you’ve been sent a heart wrenching photo of an AZ dog in need, and if you’re trying (like so many others) to find him or her the necessary help, then welcome to our world. This is what we do – every single day.
So, to make this decision easier for everyone, M.A.I.N. has 2 qualifications for every dog that we receive a request for.
- At minimum $500.00 in donations
- A committed long term foster.
Donations: These donations can come from a single source, or from a number of smaller donations that equal or exceed $500.00, but we MUST have the donations BEFORE the dog is taken in by M.A.I.N.. If you have identified a sick or injured dog, please follow these instructions EXACTLY:
- Email us with a link to the dog’s post you’re referring to. If the dog isn’t on Facebook, please include photographs of the dog, his/her injuries and a short summary of the dog’s immediate situation.
- Include your name, telephone number, email address and Facebook address.
- If you are offering to foster the dog, please complete the foster application.
- If you are making a lump sum donation of at least $500.00, we will bill you through PayPal immediately.
- If your plan is to solicit friends for donations, let us know and we will build a donation page for the dog that you can share with your circle.
- Once donations total at least $500.00, we will notify you and make arrangements to pull the dog.
If donations do not meet our $500.00 minimum, we will refund all donations.
Fosters: M.A.I.N. believes that the road to recovery begins at home. Soft beds, good foods and a lot of love. Because of that, we do not accept dogs without fosters. If you are willing to foster, please complete the online foster application and if you know someone else that is, simply ask them to complete the application. M.A.I.N. will not rescue a dog without a committed foster. These fosters are responsible for the general care and well being of the dog, all food, toys, beds and transportation to and from our vet, Bethany Animal Hospital at the intersection of I-17 and Bethany Home Road.
Please email us with any further questions.
PLEASE NOTE: There are other qualifications that M.A.I.N. must also consider when making the decision whether or not to save a dog. Temperament, age and adoptability just to name a few. All rescues are done solely at the discretion of M.A.I.N.